MND ScotlandRun For MND Scotland
0141 332 3903
WHAT IS MOTOR NEURONE DISEASE?
Motor Neurone Disease (MND) stops the nerve cells that control the body’s movement from sending messages to muscles. MND is often rapid and always fatal. There is no known cure.
There are around 400 people in Scotland currently living with MND. There is currently no cure or effective treatment for MND and the average life expectancy from diagnosis is just 18 months. On average almost 200 people are diagnosed each year in Scotland.
WHAT WE DO
MND Scotland is the leading charity in Scotland providing care and support to people affected by Motor Neurone Disease (MND), as well as funding vital research into finding a cure. We campaign on behalf of people affected by MND, and raise awareness of the disease, to ensure their voice is heard.
We provide direct support to people with MND and their families, through the loan of specialist equipment such as electronic communication aids for people who can no longer speak, financial support, information, advice, and professional counselling.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Your support will make a big difference to a small Scottish charity. We are only able to support people affected by MND, and fund research to take us a step closer to finding a cure, because of people like you!
- £50… could help us to deliver essential equipment to someone living with MND
- £250… could fund a Support Group meeting for people affected by MND
- £500… could pay for Time Out Grants, helping people access respite care or to go on a last family holiday
RUN FOR US - JOIN THE TEAM AT MND SCOTLAND
We have guaranteed places available; the minimum sponsorship requirement is:
- £60 for the 2021 Virtual event
- £150 for the 2022 Men's 10K Glasgow
All our runners will receive:
- T-shirt or running vest to wear on the day
- Paper sponsorship forms
- Help to set up an online sponsorship page with www.justgiving.com
- Information on MND Scotland and fundraising
Thank you and good luck!
Scottish Charity Number SC002662